Wednesday, June 29, 2011

FEM"MEN"NISTS

I'd be flat out lying if I said that I didn't appreciate the amount of men who are being raised as fem"men"ists nowadays. I meet so many of these polite, sweet, well-mannered fellows, who, by the way, are not gay -- they are straight and sweet, and were raised by strong women who didn't tolerate being trashed by a husband / boyfriend / mate / fiance / etc, but instead chose a caring and responsible person to call their man. Whether their child was planned or accidental, these sons saw their mothers being treated with respect and love by their male role models. If the father was absent, no matter -- these aware mothers stood strong to the challenge, raising men who behaved and went on to treat the women they'd date right, too.

It's enough to make my head literally spin with joy! I love the idea that my younger sisters and the young girls alive today are going to have much less of a chance of being murdered by the men they love or loved at one time. Crazy but true -- some ridiculous statistic states that an insane amount of women who are murdered in the world are killed by their current or ex-lovers. There were two cases like this in my neighborhood in the past month.

However, I have to point out that as much as I love a strong man who knows how to treat a woman right, I am kind of sickened by the lack of strength in men who look to people like Lady Gaga as their role models. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Lady Gaga and her work. But I am not sure that Lady Gaga should be serving as a role model to young men. Our youth looks up to musicians and TV stars to find inspiration and strength, but when most of their role models are fake or real gangsters, trashy crazy people and cheating politicians and movie stars, where are they to turn? Enter Lady Gaga. If that's the best we can do, we aren't doing enough.

Just watch this video and you'll see what I mean.



So in short, if you are a strong, independent, warm, kind, hard working man, consider joining Big Brothers Big Sisters and / or becoming a movie star or musician today. Though I love a sensitive man more than anyone, there's a line.

You just might be saving the world from a race of young men who are just a little too sack-less, not to mention, saving them from the humiliation of having a video of themselves like the one above floating around 10 years from now.

No comments: