Thursday, June 19, 2008



This is the lighthouse I grew up near, it's called Pemaquid Point Lighthouse and it is in Pemaquid, Maine, about a fifteen minute ride away from my family's house in Damariscotta, Maine. I spent many glorious summer afternoons running around on the rocks and picking up sea glass and shells near the light house, and many terrific summer evenings running around the parking lot with friends totally shit faced. I have a lot of sentimental love for that old light house.

My friend emailed the link below to me and I felt inspired to blog about it...it's for a light house contest (I know, I know, a light house contest?) and the prize is to restore the winning light house. So if you have a minute, please cast a vote for this national landmark, and what I think is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

And if that's not good enough, then maybe this will encourage you: Every summer a dozen or so people are wiped off the face of the earth by stupidly getting too close to the edge of the rocks (Wow! Look at the view, Harry! Let's just get a little closer! Harry, take my picture! Ahhhhhhh!!!!) and getting swished away by a big wave. Thank you Pemaquid Point for your natural selection assistance, and helping to clear oblivious dum-dums and poo-brains (and their genes) off the planet in one quick swoosh!

Click on the link below and vote for Pemaquid Lighthouse. It's in the middle row, all the way to the right.

http://www.jeld-wen.com/lighthouse/

No comments: