Wednesday, October 15, 2003

RHEINGOLD STORY

You ever heard of Rheingold beer? Ever drank it? On their website you can submit stories to them about their beer. I don't have a legitimate story to submit about Rheingold beer, so I made one up.

FROM THEIR WEBSITE:
Our consumers share so many stories about Rheingold with us that we publish them on our website. If you have a great Rheingold photo or tale to tell, or have a connection to Rheingold, we’d like to hear your story.

MY STORY (submitted):
A few weeks ago I was hanging out with some friends and my one friend turned to me and offered me a beer. I was like, sure, what the hell, it was a week night and I had to be up early the next day at 7:30 to get to my job (I drive a schoolbus) but one beer wasn't going to hurt anyone, and least of all, me. I've done my fair share of drinking. So, my friend brings out a sixer of Rheingold. I'm like, what the hell is this? Because I'd never heard of it, and I'm expecting something fancy, like maybe bud or bud light if my friend is health conscience or old milwaukee if my friend is from milwaukee. So, I'm like, what the hell is this? And she's like, it's beer. drink it. And I'm like, good point. So, I'm looking at the label on the can, and I'm thinking to myself, this beer is going to be shitty so I better drink it quick, and then drink two or three more after it so I don't notice how shitty it is. So I just crack the side open with my bus key and shot gun it. It's falling all down my face because I haven't shot gunned a beer since I'm 11. My friend gets all pissed, she's like, what are you doing? And I'm like, I'm shot gunning your shitty beer so I don't notice how shitty it is. She laughs and I laugh and before I know it, we've shot gunned the whole six pack. Next thing you know, we're in the car on the way to get more. Before I know it, I'm blasted out of my mind. So what I learned was, Rheingold may be shit beer, but it's good shit.

I know they won't publish it because there are references to driving drunk and driving kids drunk and all that bad shit but I hope they do publish it knowing I'm just a kidding. I know they won't though.

submit your own story at: www.rheingoldbeer.com

No comments: