Tuesday, February 20, 2007


IF WOMEN WERE IN CHARGE, THERE WOULD BE WARS OVER SHOES

One look at those ruby slippers, and you can see why.
These are my favorite shoes in the world. Look at how they sparkle.
I don't know if I'd start a war over them, but I might be tempted by the
devil to do something naughty for them.

The famous ruby red slippers, made famous in "The Wizard Of Oz"
(worn by Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) as she gallivanted to Oz)
are on display at The National Air & Space Museum as part of the
Smithsonian Institute / National History Museum. They are there
along with the scarecrow outfit -- maybe in the hopes it will scare
away any sticky fingered young dirty folk rock song singers.

Try as I did, I couldn't find any similar ruby slippers on Amazon.com.
But I did find a cute inspired knock-off pair of flats.I also like them in gold.

If any philanthropists or wealthy fans are paying attention
to my Amazon wish list, these shoes will inspire good art in me.

If you think red sparkly shoes are too frivilous,
how about a Parker fly guitar instead?

My Amazon.com Wish List

NOTE: The title of this blog entry was borrowed by musician,
Touching You.
It's one of his many funny song titles.

1 comment:

Buzz Stephens said...

Speaking of Judy Garland, there is an exciting and popular new group on Yahoo called THE JUDY GARLAND EXPERIENCE. They have ultra rare audio files, great photo's, lively discussions, and just about the most eclectic bunch of Judy enthusiast's you could ever hope to meet.
There are fans of every age and level of expertise, family members of Judy's, people who knew her, saw her, authors of books about her, people who have made movies about her, and more.
The only thing missing is you. Feel free to drop in and download some free musical rarities or join in on a discussion.
Once you visit our little Judyville you may never want to go home.

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/