Saturday, March 3, 2007


As I was riding my bike south down Broadway, a woman who I did not recognize, with a baby attached to her chest, also who I did not recognize, yelled out my name.

I turned around to find myself face to face with baby and mama art star princesses of folklore's delight: "Laruocco", best known in the art star world for painting pictures with her own period blood and putting an onion up her vagina, as well as other surprises and tricks, including her own wild and eccentric personality. Her book, "Document Zippo", got a rave review from The Village Voice. A friend recalls her as "either being really funny or really wierd."

She was taking her baby to it's job, baby modeling, which according to Larocco, pays better than her own job.

I will remember that, should I ever find myself babied.

In addition to the new art Laruocco has made named Layla, it seems that her art has also become part of (or, perhaps inspired) new art.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Where did you meat that amazing looking woman? She looks like one of a KIND! In ALL ways yo

Anonymous said...

Hey thanx for posting the phot of mommy LARUOCCO & Me... Referenced you on my weblog: http://the-human-me.livejournal.com/8549.html

you know, I was also caught floating on youtube as SUPERBABY!... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS1_HMRZFws