Monday, June 18, 2007


DELFINO AUCTION HOUSE BEGINS TODAY!

I'm selling some items from my private treasures collection to help fund my trip to Edinburgh this August. Today on the market, we have:

A FINE STOP SIGN

It's a regular size, shape and color stop sign, but there is a black spray paint spot about the size and shape of a baseball cap in the lower left hand part of the sign. It adds to the character! Someday, when you relocate to your summer home in New Hampshire, you'll be able to remember what it was like to live in the nitty gritty city. Below, see my photoshop re-created rendition of what the sign looks like with the tag.

I can't ship it, so if you want to buy it you'll have to pick it up from me in the Lower East Side, NYC. I live in an elevator building for your convenience. the sign is not on the post, and it is not very heavy. I may also be able to drop it off if you're nearby. Great for a set design, show set, play house, kid's room, table top, floor or ceiling piece, headboard, canvas, etc. It's pretty cool, but I need $50 more than I need the sign. So, that's my asking price, by the way. $50, OBO, which in the business, means "Or Best Offer". Duh.

Just so you know, the money is going to a good cause - I'll be posting items from my trove of treasures to help me gather some dinero for my big summer trip to perform in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. (Plane tickets to Edinburgh are going for $1400!) And by treasures, I mean everything from, well, stop signs to fancy hair care products that have never been used. Check back soon to see what else I have up for grabs, or if I've gotten rich yet.

You can pay with paypal.com or cash upon your pick up or delivery. Email jessdelfino@yahoo.com to inquire.

It's really too easy! Move over, Christie's! There's a new antique slinger in town.

Fun fact: I used to work at Christie's. How did I ever land that sweet gig?

No comments: