Thursday, June 7, 2007

SHOWS FOR YOU TO SEE THIS WEEKEND...

...featuring me.

Tonight, Thursday, June 7th:

Throw Up! Variety Show
8 PM
Otto's Shrunken Head
538 East 14th Street between ave A and B

Featuring:

Tamar Kummel
Jessica Delfino (dirty folk rock and jokesies)
Jared The Conjuror
April Bruckner (ventriliquism at it's best)
Jambles: The Jam Band for Kids
Valmonte Sprout (performance art sometimes showcasing breasts!)
Jonathan Randall
Tanya O'Debra (funny lady with magical surprises)
Skrit Steak and the English Mufkins (musical mayhemic duo)

**********************************

And tomorrow, Friday, June 8th:

It's my birthday! So be nice to me, and buy me an instrument, especially one off my Amazon wish list, which is on my myspace page. If you buy me an instrument from my wishlist (HBO already bought me the autoharp, so I've been told), I will write a song for you with it and possibly use it on my new upcoming album...

For my birthday, I'd also really love home-made cards, artwork, music and non-tangibles, such as back rubs, foot rubs, people who can edit video for me, and other creative non-money changing hands kinds of gifts.

You can see my wishlist here: www.myspace.com/jessydelfino

And here's the wish list directly:

My Amazon.com Wish List

*******************************************

And the next day, Saturday, June 9th:

A Cavallo Carousel / Firehouse Party
9 PM - 5 AM
Fundraiser for A Cavallo, aka The Carousel (Burning Man Grant Recipient)
at circa 1870's firehouse in Brooklyn
199 Van Brunt St. (bet Seabring and Bowne)
B61 Bus stops right in front of the shop / ACF Jay St. Borough Hall

Mechanically propelled party wagon picks up at Smith / 9th St. F train stop
and runs from 9 pm - 3 am. Look for the sign of the horse

Featuring:

Six live bands! Acrobats, geeks and other acts of varying talent! Milling machines and industrial ventilation! And a 99 facet steel carousel horse you can swing on. Plus, the one trick pony show starring you and your thing! Back flip? Open a beer bottle with your eye socket? Uncanny Paul Lynde impression? Mandatory applause for each act and prizes of a certain value.

BANDS:

Whiskey & Whores - Brown Liquor Mayhem
Fabulous Entourage - Is it glam, Motown or disco? Yes!
Moisturizer - Bass, Trombone and Drums - like Morphine minus vocals plus balls
The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players - the first family of the east village
Anna Copacabanna - Go-go xylophone anthems from Australia via Staten Island!
AND (my band) Haunted Pussy - Just what it sounds like! www.hauntedpussy.com

All that for $15 smackers.

More info at: acavallo.org

******************************************

And FINALLY, Sunday, June 10th

The Mad Hatters will present their first
FUNDRAISING EXTRAVAGANZA
5:00-11:00+
Gallery Bar
120 Orchard St. (near Delancey)
5 pm - 11 pm
(***I'm going on around 7 PM I've been told***)

The Lower East Side, NYC

$20.00 at the door or $15 by PayPal to madhattersreview@yahoo.com through Saturday

The event will benefit the Mad Hatters' Review and its local programs promoting innovative art and literature. Mad Hatters' Review is a unique online multimedia magazine featuring edgy, experimental, gutsy, thematically broad, psychologically and philosophically sophisticated writings, music, art, collaborative ventures, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, dramatic pieces and experimental whatnots.

The extravaganza will include READINGS BY OFFBEAT PROSE WRITERS & POETS; A SHOWING OF EXPERIMENTAL ANIMATIONS (some collaborative); AVANT-GARDEY IMPROVISATIONAL MUSIC; DANCING TO LIVE MUSIC (SWING, WORLD, 60'S ROCK, REGGAE, CALYPSO, ETC.; PERFORMANCES BY TWO FABULOUS COMEDIANS [one of which is me, Jessica Delfino and I believe the other one is Dessere Birch][If I spelled your name wrong, Dessere, I'm sorry!]; A LATE SHOW OPEN MIC; and A SILENT AUCTION OF BOOKS, JOURNALS, AND ARTWORKS DONATED BY MAD HATTER CONTRIBUTORS & FANS. AND AND AND: $4 MAD HATTER FACOCTAILS & FREE EDIBLE TIDBITS.

Please see http://www.madhattersreview.com/events.shtml#june10 for more details!

Questions?
Contact Carol Novack (Publisher/Editor) and
Amy Bucciferro (PR Director) at madhattersreview@gmail.com
Subject Line: Fundraiser

*********************************

More great shows to come next week,
such as Chris "Shockwave" Sullivan's new 8-Track show,
so I'll update this very soon...

No comments: