Saturday, October 11, 2008



JESSICA DELFINO on the front page of PLAYBOY.com TODAY

Woahh...

A handful of years ago I sent a few snapshots to Playboy Magazine in the hopes that I could be a Playboy pet or whatever the hell they're called. I was paying my own way through college (art school) and I thought it'd be cool to get to hang out at the mansion with Heffie and his posse and get the 10 or 20 K (forget how much it was now) that you get for being in Playboy. My morals have shifted (slightly) since I was 19 and I wouldn't pose nude in Playboy anymore. But I would consider posing semi-nude in Playboy. And I would also pose clothed in Playboy. And I would also dance and sing fully clothed on the front page of Playboy.com. And it turns out, I do that today. Now.

www.playboy.com

Some years later, after I graduated from art school, I moved to NYC to pursue a career in comedy stuffs. I met Jon Friedman and performed in The Rejection Show. Then, he put a book together of rejected writings, etc. I submitted my rejected from Playboy letter for the book. He was going to use it in the book, but then he rejected the rejected letter.

Now, I'm no longer rejected by Playboy.

I wonder if that is a plus or minus in the scale of 1 - 10 of good things that have happened in my life.

No comments: