Thursday, April 16, 2009

SOME NOTES FOR THURSDAY

UPCOMING on Jessica Delfino's calendar:

TONITE: DELIGHTING THE DRINK MAKER

I'm performing at Jena Friedman's "Entertaining the Bartender" show at Pyramid on Ave A bet. 5th / 6th. at 7 PM. FREE. Come! It's fun! I'm going to try out a new song if I can get my shit together.

FRIDAY: MUSIC FROM OUTER SPACE

Japanese psychadelic rock band ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE is playing in NYC and I'm going to see them. The guitarist of this band has audible hallucinations and has since he was a child. His music is based on them. Though the most common explanations of someone hearing "unreal noises" are tinnitis, or schizophrenia, he thinks that it is something else.

"There are basically two types of sounds I hear in my head. The first is like absolutely pure tones from the universe. The aural hallucinations and ringing sounds I've heard since I was a kid, and the heavenly orchestras I've heard in my dreams fall into this category." Read more HERE.

THIS SATURDAY: DAYTIME STREET SHINDIG

I'm going to be getting rid of lots of awesome clothing, costumery and some other stuff, along with some other peeps, in a little street sale, priced to GO GO. Snacks and beverages, cheap-a-riffic. From 11 am - 3 pm. F to East Broadway, at the end of Ludlow St. It's along the same lines as a block party, but much smaller and lower key.

UPCOMING: EARTH DAY

My cute and earth conscious sister (she is cool and smart, and is not a hippy, although she too grew up in Maine) sent me an email today that I'd like to share. I'm (usually) a vegetarian 7 days a week, though every so often I AM guilty of eating fish. Like when I go home to Maine and my dad, Lobster Hitler prepares a home style lobster bake. No human or animal could say no to that. Even other lobsters would dig in if they could. And for people who say that you don't get enough food as a vegetarian, well, come tell that to the adorable little extra fat roll on my tummy.

From my sis:

Earth day is next week. Please check out the Earth Day Veg-Pledge and consider giving up meat for at least ONE day or possibly a few days a week. It's not hard to do, and it makes a big difference for your health and the planet. You can still eat fauxsauge:)

http://www.biteglobalwarming.org/

AND IN CLOSING on TODAY'S BLOG ENTRY:

It's beautiful outside! They're filming a movie near my home called "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" starring Nicholas Cage (dish, dish!) and they keep re-enacting Chinese New Year, blowing tons of confetti through a huge subway fan and having a big dragon walk around (it's a real dragon). They have been only shooting at night and it's lots of fun to come home to. It's like a party that never ends, but I don't mind because I know Nicholas Cage is there.

No comments: