Monday, October 19, 2009

FOLLOW UP OF SKITS'N'TITS, Alex's Bday Show, etc.
and 2 GREAT SHOWS TOMORROW

The show on Wed was a total blast! It was so much fun it's taken me about 5 days to get it together
and write an entry about it, because I'm still RECOVERING.

I wrote Alex a musical birthday card / song because I hate singing "Happy Birthday To You" to people,
I think it's a boring song, and when people sing it they sound sad, and when people are having it sung
to them, it makes them feel embarrassed because the song sucks.

So I just wrote him a cute little birthday song card ditty instead and sung it. That way it was more
embarrassing to ME.
You can see a video of it here
, because someone recorded it for some reason!

After the song, we handed out about 50+ cupcakes (that I made!) to everyone in the audience
in celebration of Alex's birthday. Then Colin Quinn performed! I had been asking Colin for awhile to
perform because Alex loves his comedy (and so do we, the Skits'N'Tits gang) and he finally said
YES! So he came to the Bowery PC and knocked it out of the park. We love Colin!!

Later he texted me and said the other song I played on my uke, "A Stranger's Cock" should be nominated
for an American Music Award. My heart melted into an unrecognizable goo paste. (That is a really old version
of it, I think it's better now. I have to upload a newer version.)

In other news, I'm going to be performing tomorrow TUE in TWO great, *free* SHOWS:

The Kong Magazine Launch Party
(it's a magazine about sex+comedy created by Jessica Moats,
designer and art director of Playgirl and many other mags)
Matchless Bar, 557 Manhattan Ave
Williamsburg, BK, NY
7-9 PM
FREE
MORE INFO HERE
The Skits'N'Tits gang (Diane, Steph and I) will be doing Sexercise and I'll be playing a few songs.

and then...

Sister Katrin's Confessional
Ochi's Lounge @ Comix
353 W. 14th St. @ 9th Ave
9 PM on
FREE

Be there or else I will pretend like I didn't notice you weren't there.

I also have to keep plugging this because it's getting closer and I'm so excited about it!



Thurs Nov 12 @ 8 PM
Jessica Delfino's Dirty Folk Rock
Ars Nova ANT FEST!
511 W. 54th St.
With her lewd songs and unconventional instruments (rape whistle!), Jessica Delfino is a self-described brunette Britney Spears--with balls.
Tickets: $10
For more info: arsnovanyc.com
SPECIAL OFFER: If you buy a ticket online GET YOURS HERE NOW you get a free drink at the show (which nearly covers the cost of the ticket!)

No comments: