Sunday, January 3, 2010

SOME PEOPLE ARE MEAN, SOME ARE NICE


Isn't it strange how that works? Lucky for us all, for the two or three real lone sad attack trolls out there, there are two or three thousand really terrific folks, working hard, making art, making me laugh, accepting me and others with all my strengths and weaknesses, and making the world a cooler, kinder, smarter, better place.

One of those people is my friend Dame Darcy. I want to share the calendar she sent me for Christmas, because not only did she make it by hand and it is beautiful, but I think it's really cool!



Dame Darcy is a self-proclaimed white witch, and this calendar features lots of spells and recipes and what not that witches might put forth with their witchery -- love spells, money spells, etc. However, my favorite part of it, besides Darcy's trade mark stylized drawings and lovely handwritten notes are the very informative details about various characters of note, such as the Roman god Janus (which January is named after, who knew?) and she even has world favorite children's author and illustrator, Dr. Seuss's birthday marked -- Tuesday Feb. 2. Awesome! You can  buy her calendar or see more of Darcy's work at the link below:


Luckily for me, I have lots of good friends and positive influences pushing me onward and forward. Especially on a day like today when the bitter wind is whipping itself up into a frenzy, slapping itself against my window and wall to remind me it exists and it hopes to find me alone in a dark alley so it can chill me to the bone, I am glad to know people like Darcy, and people like you, dear reader, who care, are curious and encouraging, even in the slightest ways, perhaps ways you don't even know you encourage.

Thank you for reading, and happy Sunday!

No comments: