Thursday, February 4, 2010

SONG OF THE MONTH club -- JANUARY (it's late)




WARNING: This song is NSFW because I drop the F bomb a few times and there's some talk of anal probe-ation.

This month's song of the month is called, "Touched by an Alien" and it is about the people out there who have been probed by an extra terrestrial. Many folks complain about getting probed, and in all fairness, I can see why one might not want to get anally probed by an alien or anyone or thing else. But if it does happen, perhaps these people should consider themselves kind of special, lucky, the chosen butts, what have you. 

Basically -- I'm wondering why people don't say, "Hey world -- I was the one the alien chose to kinda fu*%! The alien didn't choose you, did it? No! It chose me!"

So I wrote a song about it and made a video to go with it. I even illustrated some lines, because I went to art school and I'm sick of wasting my degree. This one is in black and white, but the next one is in color. This one was kind of a test run. I look slightly butchy in this video and I blend into the black background. I dressed down in a regular old tee shirt for this song because I figured, hey, all the famous rock bands do it and everyone loves it, so maybe it will work for me. But after seeing the video, I think I should stick to my crazy fashions, even though the tee shirt I'm wearing is of my friends' funny "German" band "Die Roten Punkt". Speaking of my crazy fashions, on Feb 11th, I'll be in the Time Out NY "50 Most Stylish New Yorkers" issue sporting some of my bad ass dirty folk fashions, so be sure to check that out then. 

If you are not a member of the SONG OF THE MONTH club, you can join the free club by emailing me at jessdelfino@yahoo.com with the subject: SONG OF THE MONTH (or subscribe to my blog) and you will get a new song by me emailed to you free, every month. 


If you'd like to hear some of the songs from past months, check out the last two month's songs HERE. November's "Happy Stoned Thanksgiving" about when people smoke lotsa pot and get the munchies and eat so much food it's like Thanksgiving, and December's "Fight The Party" about how New York City is totally changing, and like, not necessarily in a good way. 

I'm not insisting these songs are greatest hits or my best work ever, but they're fun and I enjoy writing songs and I want to share them, so I hope you get a kick out of them. 

No comments: