Friday, March 26, 2010

BUSY DAYS AND NIGHTS

It's fun to keep busy! This is a long one because I have a lot to talk about. I've been rockin' and rollin' this week doing shows all over the place with lots of great peeps. 

Flight 18 is still going strong but the series is coming to an end, so if you haven't seen it yet, you have a few chances left, including tonight at 7:29 and 9:29, tomorrow night at 7:29 and 9:29 and Sunday at 5 pm. It will run this weekend and next weekend and then, adios amigos. If you do plan to attend the show, bring an open mind, a discreet bottle and your dancing shoes. Check out what NY1 had to say about it HERE or visit www.flight18.net for tickets & more info. If you really want to see the show but can't swing the $18 smackers for a ticket, email me at jessdelfino@yahoo.com to volunteer to help on the flight in exchange for a ticket.

After the 9:29 show tonight, I'm headed to Brooklyn for a swingin' private party. So if you do come to Flight 18 tonight, go to the late show and then come to the party if you're feelin' crazy.

Last night was wicked fun with a double header -- Talent Show at The Gershwin Hotel with Elna Baker and friends, Mike Birbiglia, Dave Hill and a slew of other funny go getters. The packed audience was really into all the craziness of the DIY themed show. I taught the audience how to poorly play a singing saw, how to play a Q chord electronic autoharp and how to play a rape whistle. 

Then I hopped on my bike and scooted downtown to TriBeCa 92Y for Comedy Below Canal - Ben Lerman's Match Game where I was a panelist alongside Judy Gold, Michael Musto, NY1's Pat Kiernan, Frank DeCaro and Sara Schaefer. It was great to see so many of my friends in the audience and the show was rippin' fun. What a rowdy audience though -- if you're a contestant on the Match Game and you don't know how to play the game, be prepared for the audience to boo any sucky answers you give!
And don't be surprised if you get a boo from a panelist or two, either.


To wrap up the evening, I zipped back up on my bike to the same hood I'd been in earlier for a late night audition for a part in a film in progress. I didn't get the main part I read for, but I ended up getting a smaller role -- It's a sexy little role, a "Betty Page-esque" character which works well for my current bangs. It shoots tomorrow in the East Village so I'm looking forward to that.

This weekend and coming week is full of little adventures and crazy times. Meetings, interviews, auditions, work, all part of the life I've made here for myself, in the big apple.


To close it out, here's a video I worked on with friends Jena Friedman, Elna Baker, Dave Hill and others. 



Though I often feel like I'm constantly spinning my wheel like a hamster, this is the kind of stuff I'm turning out in the end with friends. I really love my friends and feel very lucky to have so many good ones. I marvel at all the hard work they do and how talented they are. That's why I've created a new show called "BESTIES" every month at The Slipper Room, celebrating all the people I've worked with in NYC over the past 8 big ones. (I keep changing the name...it was Top Friends but I like Besties better.) The next show is April 22nd at 8 PM. Be there to see all the funny ways in which I worship these great peeps! Starring Diane O'Debra, Frank Peffercorn and a few other gems. Are you on Facebook? If so, don't forget to confirm that you're coming so I know that you want to see this show.

No comments: