Monday, March 15, 2010

MEET LISA CARVER, WED's ALTERNATIVE TO GREEN BEER, 
THURS's NEW FUN SHOW, a new! THE MONTHLY VISITOR

Meet Lisa Carver, one of the world's most mesmerizing people. Scroll down to see an interview she did with Atari Teenage Riot for her old Rollerderby Zine, one of the coolest things in the world to have ever been invented. I toured with Lisa once, peeing on pizzas in several major cities for her "Drugs Are Nice" book tour. I met her because several people recommended me as the pizza pee-er. That's how you know you have a kick ass reputation: when SEVERAL people refer to you as a girl who they're pretty sure would pee on a pizza if prompted. 

Sadly, my peeing on pizza days have slowed down a bit, and I'm mostly just writing and working on having something of a normal life. Don't worry, I'll eventually get bored, implode and do something to get me freshly banned by the Catholic League instead of touting several year old ban. That's a promise. 

WARNING: FUN TIMES AHEAD



Whatcha doing on WED? Drinking green beer? Cute, but c'mon, you can do better. Why not hang with Craftermath from 7-9 at The Dressing Room's beautiful bar/boutique happy hour for free craft and video art fun and then go drink your green beers later? 75A Orchard St. btw Broome and Grand. Did I say free? We'll also have a "by donation" spiff it up station complete with bedazzlers, patches, St. Patty's related stuff and more. 7-9!



THEN on THURSDAY, March 18, I'm premiering a new show at the Slipper Room @ 168 Orchard St. It's called Top Friends! But I was also thinking of going with the name Top Fun (like Top Gun). What do you think? It's mainly a musical comedy show, but also with a few other comedy surprises thrown in so it's not all musical comedy, all the time. Doors at 7:30, show at 8-9ish, then talking, mingling and drinking til later. 

Featuring: 

* cock rock by Cock Lorge
* clever, funny stories by Shane Web
* the musical comedy stylings of Mindy Raf
* brainy, funny stand up by Amanda Melson
* sisterly (totally awesome) country comedy duo The Drelles 
* and then I will close out the show with a set - new dirty folk rock Jessica Delfino

After my show is an awesome NAKED ROCK BAND at The Slipper Room, so come for my show and stick around for that, it looks like it's going to be awesome. 

Oh, and by the by, the new MONTHLY VISITOR is out, my newsletter named after a lady-times metaphor. If you aren't on the mailing list, please email jessdelfino@yahoo.com with the email subject: MONTHLY VISITOR and I'll send one right out to you. Or check back in a few days and it will be posted on this blog. 

See you later, friendlies!

No comments: