Monday, August 30, 2010

Submitted writer's packet to SNL today...

...wish me luck!

* Shappy the host of Skits'N'Tits is moving to Philly :( His goodbye roast was last night, it was excellent. I'd like to give a special shout out to Diane O'Debra for knocking it out of the park. You can see her tonight at NYC Talent Show at Bowery Poetry Club, 308 Bowery, where she will host the show with Victor Varnado. 10 pm, $3, it's a great show, and I will be singing a new song for the Song of the Month.

* If that's too late for you, fret not. Tonight at 8 PM, catch Monday Rendezvous at Bar on A, 11th St. and Ave A. Free show, great line up featuring Elna Baker, Andrea Rosen and more as our special guests, along side Myka Fox, Juliet Jeske and tonight, I am hosting. Hooray! Drink specials, A/C, cute boys, pretty girls, working toilets, a sexy, competent bartendress and so much more.

* Turns out my cat is afraid of construction workers on a scaffolding outside of my bedroom window. That makes 2 of us. She is hiding in the bathroom and refuses to come out. I am hiding behind my computer and am considering a trip to Container Store for dark, heavy curtains. Why wouldn't the building I live in tell me there would be paid gawkers outside my window?

* This is weird - someone emailed me this story, "10 Common Teenage Pranks Involving Houses" (which you must admit is slightly tantalizing) and suggested I post it to my blog. I think I've just come up with a new column called "Unpaid Advertisement of the Week" because I can't even call this a paid advertisement. Still, I'm kind of fascinated by the site and the article, my main question being, what the hell is this? Are they selling insurance? Is this a community service or friendly reminder? Decide for yourself.

* Black Laffs on Saturday was really fun. I have some video I will post soon. I will probably do it again in a few weeks or a month. I'll keep ya posted. See ya tonight?

No comments: