Tuesday, September 14, 2010

2 exciting notices today
show tonight, play coming up

And by "exciting notices" I mean, ya know, kind of medium exciting, and really more exciting for me, probably, but who knows? Maybe you're totally psyched to hear about when and where I'm playing. I bet you are. I believe you are! Look! I'm believing in myself! Phew. That was exhausting.

TONIGHT, I'll be rockin' the stage with a new song at the Book Club Burlesque show. This month, we highlight "The Joy Of Cooking". Bring your aprons and oven mitts (and valium) and get ready for fun! More info can be found on waste book or RIGHT HERE or you can also just trust me and blindly come tonight to Parkside Lounge at 8 PM, that's at the intersection of Attorney @ E. Houston. (one block east of Clinton.) Tix are $5 or $8 or something like that but not more than $10. How's that for information central? It's a great show, there are boobs, and it can get pretty wild.

AND BY THE BY, if you haven't heard yet, I'm in a play every Saturday in October (that I'm missing my boyfriend's birthday party to be in, so I better see some asses in some seats). I know it's gonna be great. It was written by a good friend, Jena Friedman, and it is called REFUGEE GIRLS REVUE, based on American Girl dolls. It's funny, it's campy, there are gay boys pretending to be tween girls, we all sing a lot and it's ridiculous. Check out the website HERE and here's some more info while I'm at it. Note the stellar cast, including Ben Lerman, Dave Hill, Shawn Hollenback and more!
October 2 at 10:00 pm through October 30 at 10:00 pm

LocationTheatre 80
80 St. Marks Place and 1st Avenue, East Village
New York, NY

More InfoCheck out the cross-dressing revival of the 2008 New York Fringe Festival hit, THE REFUGEE GIRLS REVUE, a dark musical comedy inspired by the American Girl Dolls!!!

@ Theatre 80 (80 St. Marks and 1st Ave) in the East Village

Saturday, October 2 at 10 p.m.
Saturday, October 9 at 10 p.m.
Saturday, October 16 at 10 p.m.
Saturday, October 23 at 10 p.m.
Saturday, October 30 at 10 p.m.

"Nothing is safe or sacred in this deliciously wicked spoof" - Time Out New York

"A razor sharp satire" - NYTheatre.com

THE REFUGEE GIRLS REVUE: A MUSICAL PARODY
www.refugeegirlsrevue.com
Written by Jena Friedman
Directed by Scott Illingworth
Music by Elia Einhorn

Starring: JESSICA DELFINO, DAVE HILL, BEN LERMAN, SHAWN HOLLENBACH, JEFF ASHWORTH, CHANCE BLAKELEY, ROY KOSHY, SHAUNA PINKETT, WILLIAM VON VOGT AND CALISE HAWKINS, BEN KISSEL AND ALEXIS GUERREROS

No comments: