Thursday, August 25, 2011

SPOTTED: Dominic Strauss-Kahn?

on Broadway & Franklin Sts. NYC




AP Photo (above), my dinky iPhone pic (below)





It was a night just like any other Thursday night, in fact, it was tonight! I was riding my bike east from a ukulele lesson I'd just finished teaching on Franklin Street. I got to the corner of Franklin and Broadway and there was a guy all smiling as a group of college kids with fancy cameras snapped a zillion photos of him. He was with some woman and she looked pretty pleased, too. They tried to hail a cab and one would not stop.



I took a few pics with my trusty iPhone and uploaded one to Facebook, asking, "Who is this man?" It looked like Dominic Strauss-Kahn, but would DSK, the man whose charges were dropped for purportedly sexually assaulting a maid at a hotel, be touting about town in an ugly black tee shirt with no security? A friend commented that it was, "Dominique Strauss-Kahn and Anne Sinclair, if I'm not very much mistaken."



It just seemed too unlikely to me that the would be president of France would have no security at all. Plus, I've lived in NYC for ten years and I almost never see famous people, because I can never identify them. Madonna could slap my left buttock and I probably wouldn't even recognize her.



So then, if not he, who, huh? And if it wasn't DSK, he's got a serious case of dopple ganger-ene.



But even more importantly, are the photos I took worth anything?!?!? (I have more, in addition to plenty of college loans I'd really like to pay off.)


UPDATE: I sent my photos to TMZ and they are considering purchasing them - if I sell the photos to TMZ, I will give 1/2 the money to an NYC Rape Crisis center. If anyone has any suggestions, please email them to me at jess delfino at yahoo dot com.

No comments: