Tuesday, December 27, 2011

** Wrap Up **
A Night of Dirty Songs @ Joe's Pub
Christmas Eve
Sat 12/24/2011

Last month, when I booked A Night of Dirty Songs for a Saturday Night at Joe's Pub I felt a little nervous. "How am I supposed to fill a 200 seat venue on the eve of the Lord's birth?" Not without some help -- thank you NY Times, Time Out NY, LoDownNY, NonsenseNYC, MurphGuide, Flavorpill and BoweryBoogie, which were just a few of the places I saw it listed. And thanks to Jena Friedman, Ben Lerman, Rob Paravonian, Myq Kaplan, Daniella Day, Lucas O'Bryen, Cavassa Nickens and the staff of Joe's Pub for their help and their all ass kicking-ness behind the scenes and on the stage.

The night of the show I said a prayer to a God I don't believe in as he was probably busy preparing for his son's birthday - not too classy. But it must have worked, because I came out onto the stage at Joe's Pub to a room full of Jewish people, gay people, people from Minnesota, friends, strangers, people who hated the fact that they'd been dragged there, pervs, parents, grandparents, staff and more.

Like this nice lady here who brought me a Christmas penis pop. What a surprise and a delight. Is that the cutest lady wearing the most adorable Christmas sweater...or what?

For those of you who were there, thank you so much for being a part of the show. What a great way to close out the year - with a great, fun, funny, full show and a few new, nice pieces of press.

“Jessica Delfino, a folk/comedienne/YouTube sensation” –The Lo-Down

“Naughty but nice . . . Irreverent, off-kilter and sexy” –The New York Times

Happy New Year and I'll see you in 2012.

No comments: