Monday, February 13, 2012

RIP Whitney Houston
"Saving All My Love For You" on ukulele



For those of you who know me personally, you know that I loved loved loved Whitney Houston. She was one of my favorite vocalists. Before Christina, Mariah, Beyonce, Whitney tore up stages like they were made of wet toilet paper. I got my love of Whitney from my mother who adored her as well, and used to sing her songs as she cleaned our house, with her fluffy 80's hair, wearing her Balloons sneakers and "boyfriend jeans".

Some of you know that I teach music lessons (I have about 30 students currently) and several of my students texted me their condolences, because they knew how much I loved Whitney Houston. It was almost like losing a member of my family in that she was someone I admired and held in very high regard, and someone who inspired me tremendously. She didn't deserve the tragic fall from grace that she experienced. I really hope that there is a heaven, and that angels do exist, because if so, Whitney is surely leading the ethereal choir.

Here is my homage to Whitney: "Saving All My Love For You" on ukulele in the chord of G. I also posted the chords to this song in case you'd like to play and sing along with your ukulele.

I urge the world to remember -- we all have our demons -- please don't let Whitney's demons tarnish the memory of how talented a vocalist she was.

No comments: