Saturday, January 31, 2004

YET ANOTHER INVITATION & THE STORY BEHIND MY SHOW
by Jessica Delfino

Hello Friends and Others

My name is Jessica Delfino. Some of you know me. Some of you love me.
Some of you hate me. Some of you
do not know me and do not love me and do not hate me. That's all up to y'all.

I am writing to you because of this:

I was in a relationship with my boyfriend for six years. We were supposed to
get married. We broke up. It threw my whole life into a strange orbit around
a planet that doesn't exist. Super deep. Then, I got laid off from my shitty job.

Then, I got an eviction notice that says I have to get evicted soon.
So, my life kind of sucks right now. I'm poor as fuck and sad, I guess, but mostly
just poor. So, I wrote a show.

Please come see it. It's called:

Jessica Delfino's One Woman Show starring Jessica Delfino

or

subtle; (pussy) - one woman, one vagina

written by me, Jessica Delfino
and directed by Touching You

Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater
307 W. 26th St. @ 8th Avenue
Monday, Feb. 2nd, 2004
$5 - FREE WINE
9:30 PM

On the show will be some jokes, also some monologues, and a few shorts,
and you will enjoy a world premiere of my brand new video for my song
entitled, "Someone Who Loves Me" about a fictional rape fantasy, co-starring Todd Montessi.
Original piano music and dirty folk rock music is in the show.
My boobs are in it. They are in the show, too.

Special cameo appearances by: (I may have misused the word cameo here.)

Johanna Buccola
Gina Alietti
Mark Minetta
Tim Brennan
Adira Amram
Touching You

It is on the show called "SPANK" that runs new shows every Monday night, generally one or
two person shows. Come and support my show please so I can get a fucking god damn run at UCB and
maybe sell some stinking CD's.

Speaking of CD's, my new CD is called "Dirty Folk Rock" and was reviewed in this upcoming
month's issue of Jane Magazine. Please make a note of it.

For the hell of it, please visit my website:
www.jessydelfino.blogspot.com

Bye, thanks and hope to see you all there.
Jessica

No comments: