Friday, December 31, 2004

TSUNAMI!

I have compiled some links regarding the Tsunami disaster and put them here. I've read some very heart breaking accounts on people's blogs. If you are curious about the Tsunami, want to learn more about it, want to contribute money or time or some kind of help, these are the links I have found.

FOR A VERY INTERESTING FACTS AND INFORMATION ABOUT TSUNAMIS SITE, including WHAT TO DO IN A TSUNAMI

HERE'S AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE DEVASTATION

THIS IS AN INTERESTING BLOG WRITTEN BY A MAN WHO WITNESSED IT

THESE ARE THE PLEAS OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS SEEKING LOVED ONES

PHONE NUMBERS OF HELP LINES, FIRST AID PERSONNEL

FASCINATING ACCOUNTS, HELP INFO

ANOTHER HELP & ACCOUNTS WEBSITE

I can't exactly encompass in my brain the amount of death and suffering that is going on in Phuket. I see 120,000 dead as a tragic number, but felt very disassociated because I'm so far away and safe and warm. So, I started looking online to see if I could find any information that wasn't as emotionally dead as a news source delivery. I found the above sites and visited them all. I have many strangers nightmares and heartbreak in my thoughts. If I were God, I never would have let this happen. Please visit some of these links if you can, to help you get a better idea of the situation, so you too aren't disassociated.

No comments: