Saturday, July 25, 2009

INDIE GHETTO

Indie Ghetto is comprised of a fun gang of fellas who like to video tape indie musicians playing r&b and hip hop songs all hipster-fied in front of gnarly NYC and ghetto landscapes.

This is my version of "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz. The lyrics are a little wrong and there's a flub or two, but here it is. I sing it to you using my flying V pink ukulele, as I sit on a bike in front of a...guy...



If you haven't actually heard the original song ever, check it out -- it's one of the coolest songs ever. They even find a way to incorporate horns and make it sound really cool.



It's definitely got that 80s kitsch dance factor that makes it truly irresistible. My version doesn't do it justice. This is a song that was really meant to just stay as is. But I couldn't help myself. It was an homage to a song I love!!

TONITE is my LAST show at Soho Theatre in London. Every show has been GREAT. I've had a terrific time and amazing audiences. Jena has had great sets here as well. I will MISS the Soho. But I'll be back next week to see Reggie Watts!!!

No comments: