Friday, April 30, 2010


TONIGHT: THE ROOM @ ZEIGFELD

TheRoomMovie.jpg

It's a sordid tale of a love triangle gone wrong -- terribly wrong. If you've never seen this film, I am sorry, you're going to have to put it on Netflix or borrow it from a pal because the screening tonight at the Zeigfeld is SOLD OUT!

It's been called the worst movie ever made and cost 7 million dollars to make. It's also been called a dark comedy and the Wikipedia page write up on it is truly amazing. If you have 10 minutes and want to laugh, cry and be confused, go to the Wiki page and read it right now! 

My favorite character (as is many people's) is Mark, or Greg Sestero. Not only is he dashingly handsome and blessed with good hair, but he is funny and he sucks at Scrabble. My kind of guy! I promise to write a full debriefing of the screening tomorrow, so come back and read my follow up laterz. And pick up a copy of today's NY POST to read a little more about Greg.

gregsestero23.jpg


Here's an interesting side note: my ex-boyfriend of several years, Kurt Metzger is going to be at the screening tonight to present a short video and intro for the film. Kurt is a truly gifted comedian and thinker and got connected through this I believe through his role as the voice of the zombie roommate in Ugly Americans, though I'm not exactly sure how it all ties together.  Anyway, he is the king of dissection, and I can't wait to see him skewer this flick. More to come soon!



kurt_metzger_md.jpg

No, Kurt doesn't have down's syndrome, he is just making a funny face and celebrating his birthday.

PS -- If you haven't voted for Song of the Month yet, do it now! Upper right hand corner. 






No comments: