Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Today is my Birthday

My birthday is never really a big deal. Since my family doesn't live near me and everyone was born in the summer (and maybe because my friends don't like me as much as I think they do?) if I want a party I have to throw one for myself.

The best party I had was a few years ago. The guy I was palling around with was in jail. Good times! I was sad then, but looking back I realize now, that was God's little birthday gift.

This year, I had a very small, very informal sushi dinner at my local nearby fave sushi joint. We capped off the evening by going to my pal Ben Lerman's favorite ice cream parlor, since he was the birthday boy. It wasn't his birthday, but it's kind of impossible to go anywhere with Ben without him being the birthday boy.

I think I accidentally turned off my birthday on Facebook so I doubt I'll be getting bombarded by strangers saying Happy Birthday. It's weirdly comforting, and it's shitty I screwed myself out of it. Update: I was wrong -- I'm being bombarded! Yay!

I'm on my way to get a mani / pedi that my bf bought for me for my birthday, and then I have a doctor's appointment. That's how I know I'm alive. The card he got from the spa said "Bady" treatment. I do totally need some intense treatment for my "bady".

Later tonight, I'm gonna get into a car and drive for 14 hours to go see basically my whole family, and then stay with my sister, niece and bro in law in NC for a few days.

Today is a special day indeed. Do I seem sad? Has that trademark pessimism crawled out of it's cave for a moment?
Was it able to transcend keyboard and cyber space to find it's way atop this blog post?
Pay it no mind, it will do what it does and crawl back down into it's hole before the first coat of paint is dry on my toe nails.

The icing on my non-existent birthday cake, however, I must say is this awesome video I found today, and the great news that Mr. Gordon Lightfoot is playing in NYC on Sept. 12, 2011. I will be there if I have to wrestle tickets out of someone's granny's hands. If you don't know what to get me for my birthday, well, now you do.

And so for my birthday, a gift for you -- enjoy!

1 comment:

Yours Truly said...

How can you not just love that face, that hair, that voice. It's no wonder he is the stuff my teenage fantasies were (and still today, my adult fantasies are) made of.